Sunday, January 01, 2006

Mocking Bird

I bought the new Derek Webb album. David will like the horns. I am very impressed. The only turn off for me is the "war is always wrong" message. I don't think its Derek's purpose to try to make anyone feel guilty for supporting a war. I think he is more interested in pursuading the Christian to take some issues more seriously. War hurts people and we as Christians could show a little more grief and love over those who might be killed, even the enemies.

Lyrics are available here.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooh--horns! Exciting! I'd like to give it a listen--could you bring it Friday to Bible Study, perhaps?

Anonymous said...

There sure were a lot of wars in the Old Tesament, some even directed and won by God.

It was my understanding that it is different for a nation verses an individual. Yes we as Christians should grieve and pray for peace.

John Mahan said...

I agree.