Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Happy Belated New Year

I don't have a lot of interesting things to say today, but I thought I would proclaim what I've been up to these days.

We had a Christmas.





















I finally finished The Myth of Religious Neutrality, but I am afraid I am going to have to withold judgement until I can study it further. There were a few concepts I didn't understand and some arguments that I could not follow upon the first read.

I discovered that my Library offers the use of the Rosetta Stone - language learning program online. I am learning Spanish, but I could choose to learn Chinese, Japanese, Latin, French, German, Hebrew, Greek, Arabic, Farsi, Hindi, and more.

I am currently reading The Four Loves by C.S. Lewis and The Idiot by Dostoyevsky. I will soon be reading Biblical Theology by Gerhardus Vos (mostly so I can see what Nevada was fussing about a while ago.)

My cousin graciously lent me some DVD's produced by the Teaching company. I am watching the courses on String Theory, Particle Physics, and Argumentation.

Heather is reading Sin and Temptation (or is it Temptation and Sin?) by John Owen, Moby Dick by Herman Melville, Future Grace by John Piper, and Shadow of the Almighty by Elizabeth Elliot.

We are both in a Bible reading plan to go through the Bible in a year. We started in May, so even though we are over half way through, we are in Genesis, Acts, Psalms, and Matthew.

Heather has been sewing. She just finished embroidering a dress she bought in Nicaragua, and modifying it into a tunic length shirt.

We just had our picture taken for the church directory tonight.

As of now my picture is on our church's website. I am the one with glasses under the "worship" heading. So now my mother can rest knowing that her son does in fact attend church.

And here is an old picture of me having fun raking (from this fall)(Heather wanted to let you know that she did most of the raking)

No comments: