Sunday, March 04, 2007

Orange

Ah, the joys of owning a house.

For example, this fall I raked leaves for 3 days nonstop. All of our earthly possesions are under one roof. We have a humongous south window in our living room. I am planning to plant a garden in our backyard (versus the garden-in-buckets strategy from previous years). No one lives either a floor above or below us. But, most importantly, I can paint the walls whichever color I please.

As you can see, orange was chosen for the kitchen. Why orange? Because it makes me happy. That is all. No one else to please--except John!


Now for the rest of the house . . .

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new house! Good luck making it a home...it is a never ending process as Ed and I are finding out.

Josh said...

hey Heather - thanks for the good word. it is still hard, and even though i know that it's good to have a set time to set aside for God, part of my mind screams for me to put it off...i'm gonna try to get into a routine again, but it'll still be a challenge. i hope that you and john have a great week!