Tuesday, March 14, 2006

New Blog Ideas

I am considering starting a new blog, one that is more focused. Less about my random thoughts, or my book comments, more about the news and research on a specific topic. I , of course, will still post the latter on this blog, but it would isolate the specific from the non-specific.

Perhaps I will watch a company and look at the products it develops or the law suits its involved in. Perhaps I will research spiders and report all that I can find about them (including Spiderman). Perhaps I will study an author, reading all that I can from that author and post about their lives and books.

I am open to any ideas, but I will quickly shoot them down if I don't like them.
Ready? Comment.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I, of course, think you should emulate the great Jonathan Edwards and research spiders. (See Wikipedia, about the third paragraph down.)

John Mahan said...

Jonathan Edwards had a blog on spiders? Cool.

Well, I guess that ones out.

Nevada said...

Ah yes...Edwards and spiders :)

Hmm...this sounds suspiciously like Piper :)...he once noted that the best advice he got from a seminary prof was to pick one theologian, read as much by him as possible, and in that way become conversant with him (guess who Piper picked? :)

I would suggest picking an author (if you choose to go the author route) from the early church fathers like Chrysostom, Athanasius, Justin Martyr, etc. There is always something cool about those guys (especially ones like St. Ignatius who were disciples of the apostles :)